Fred - Anthurium Bugatti Red 55cm
Anthurium Bugatti Red / Painter's Palette - 55cm
This little fellow has origins in Mexico, Argentina and also parts of the Caribbean. His uniquely shaped waxy blooms are brightly coloured, making him a popular choice of plant. for the enthusiast and plant lover alike. They're an ideal houseplant or decoration for the office if you need/want flowers that'll last for a reasonable length of time.
They are quite slow growing, and in low light will hardly grow at all. However, get them into a bright location and keep them damp and they'll send out new leaves and reflower! If the light levels are too low they won't flower again.
- Pets & People - Toxic to cats and dogs, and the sap can cause a skin reaction
Basic Care Tips:
- Light - It prefers a light spot... but not in direct sunlight ideally. Just on flowering, if the spathe (pointy bit in centre of flower) turns greenish, it's a sign its not getting enough light.
- Water - Keep the soil damp but not drenched. Also, if it's in a dark location it'll use less water than if it's in a brighter spot.
- Food - give it a feed once every 2 months during the growing season.
- Temperature - Warmth is order of the day, so nothing lower than 16°C and for strong growth, 20°C is best. If you're struggling to keep above 16°C ease back on feeding and watering.
- Repotting - Not a huge task, every couple of years in spring using normal houseplant compost.
- Cleaning - A quick wipe down with a clean, damp duster will keep this plant clean. It looks amazing when sprayed with some leafshine so give that a go!
All heights given include the grow pot.
This is a natural product, so size, shape, and slight colour variations may occur!