Florence - African Fig (Ficus Cyathistipula) 1.0m & 1.3m
Ficus Cyathistipula / African Fig / Rubber Plant - 1.0m and 1.3m
Florence is an old favourite of ours... We've had a relationship going for years, and we know that she's super reliable, won't grumble too much, and doesn't need loads of TLC to still perform well. So, everything you need in a houseplant basically!
Originally from Africa, hence one of her names, these tough, resilient houseplants have beautiful deep green foliage that will bring a calming atmosphere to your home. As with all the of the Ficus family, they are reputed to mean the fulfilling of dreams and aspirations, so are popular gifts for people who're starting a new job or have just moved house.
Simple to care for, Florence is ideal for someone not too sure about their green-fingered credentials! She needs less light than a lot of Ficus, so will cope well in darker / north facing locations, and with just an occasional water she'll be happy.
- Pets & People - the sap can cause irritation to skin, and if ingested can be an irritant.
Basic Care Tips:
- Light - Quite flexible, and can cope with a darker location - don't put in bright sunlight, it can scorch the leaves.
- Water - Only water when the top compost is dry to touch - really doesn't appreciate over watering!
- Food - give it a weak feed once a month during the growing season.
- Temperature - Reasonably flexible, they'll be fine between 13°C and 28°C.
- Repotting - Only repot if the plant has become pot-bound.
- Cleaning - A quick wipe down with a clean, damp duster will keep this plant clean. Looks fantastic with leafshine bringing out the best on those glossy leaves.
- Pruning - Quite a rapid grower, so likely to be needed - don't try and pull dead leaves and stems off - always cut them off using a pair of sharp scissors or secateurs and wear gloves as the sap can be an irritant.
All heights given include the grow pot.
This is a natural product, so size, shape, and slight colour variations may occur!