Gertie - Guzmania Denise 55cm
Guzmania Denise / Scarlet Star - 55cm
This brightly coloured plant will help brighten up your home or office with its vibrant flower! Out of roughly 2600 species of Bromelia (the family name) we've selected Gertie as the pick of the bunch!
They're an incredibly old plant species, originating in the tropical rainforests of Uruguay, where remains that are estimated to be 30 million years old have been found! They've spread, and now can be found in their various forms all over South and Central America.
Perfect for a not so bright spot, the brightly coloured flowers will really stand out in the home.
- Pet & People Friendly - non toxic for dogs, cats, and people, small and large.
Basic Care Tips:
- Light - These plants prefer a spot that isn't too bright - if they're in a really bright location the flower and leaves can become discoloured.
- Water - Slightly different to most plants, they like water both on the root ball and also in the flower, where the leaves form a sort of pitcher to catch it. Keep the soil moist.
- Food - give it a weak feed once every 2 weeks during the growing season.
- Temperature - They're not big fans of the cold, so a temperature of 15°C as a minimum.
- Repotting - This isn't likely to be necessary. The flower only blooms once, and they die back once they've completed their flowering cycle.
- Cleaning - A quick wipe down with a clean, damp duster will keep this plant clean. It also looks amazing when sprayed with some leafshine so give that a go!
All heights given include the grow pot.
This is a natural product, so size, shape, and slight colour variations may occur!