Kirk - Sansevieria Kirkii - 45cm
Sansevieria Kirkii / Snake Plant - 45cm
Kirk is a tough old thing... Along with his close relatives Samantha and Stevie, they're among the most resilient house plants out there, and even if you have medals in killing off lesser species, you should be able to keep these guys alive!
Originally from tropical West Africa Kirk has mid to dark green leaves with dark green markings on. With an upright, architectural form, this plant will make a real statement in your home.
He'll perform best in moderate light, but can adapt, and will be quite happy in a darker spot if required. Another positive is his ability to clean air, he's been shown by studies to be a real high performer in that area.
- Pets & People - Can be mildly toxic if eaten so keep away from pets that like to nibble things!
Basic Care Tips:
- Light - These plants prefer a spot that is moderately light, and definitely not in bright sunlight. Tough as you like, they'll cope well in low light spots too.
- Water - Great for people who tend to forget to water their plants! Let dry out between watering, and never let the soil stay wet as the roots will rot.
- Food - very undemanding - a weak dose of general purpose feed once ever 2 months during the growing period should be fine.
- Temperature - Comfortable at normal house temperatures, and ok down to 10°C for short periods.
- Repotting - Not required too often, and not too fazed by it when it happens! Just replant when the leaves and roots start getting crowded in their pot.
- Cleaning - A quick wipe down with a clean, damp duster will keep this plant clean. It also looks great when sprayed with some leafshine so give that a go!
All heights given include the grow pot.
This is a natural product, so size, shape, and slight colour variations may occur!