Samantha - Sansevieria Zeylanica 40cm
Sansevieria Zeylanica / Snake Plant - 40cm
Samantha is one of our favourites. Not as colourful as Stevie, a bit less dense than Kirk, she's understated but one of the toughest, best looking house plants out there!
Again, from West Africa originally, this plant is perfect for those who go weak at the knees thinking about caring for a plant. If you forget to water, that's no problem. Not quite got round to cleaning the leaves? She'll keep going strong. Not got much light? No problem, adapt and thrive is the motto!
This Snake Plant has mid to dark green leaves with dark green, almost black markings on. Architectural and not too fast growing, this plant will make a real statement in your home and look great for ages.
- Pets & People - Can be mildly toxic if eaten so keep away from pets that like to nibble things!
Basic Care Tips:
- Light - These plants prefer a spot that is moderately light, and definitely not in bright sunlight. Tough as you like, they'll cope well in low light spots too.
- Water - Great for people who tend to forget to water their plants! Let dry out between watering, and never let the soil stay wet as the roots will rot.
- Food - very undemanding - a weak dose of general purpose feed once ever 2 months during the growing period should be fine.
- Temperature - Comfortable at normal house temperatures, and ok down to 10°C for short periods.
- Repotting - Not required too often, and not too fazed by it when it happens! Just replant when the leaves and roots start getting crowded in their pot.
- Cleaning - A quick wipe down with a clean, damp duster will keep this plant clean. It also looks great when sprayed with some leafshine so give that a go!